Top 10 Helpful Hints for a Great Jamboree
- Jamboree Blog - Updates will always go out on the blog. Sign up to have blog announcements sent to your e-mail to stay informed.
- JamboFREE - Friday morning sessions are free to the public as part of the SCGS mission to "...provide instruction in accepted and effective research techniques." Choose from GenealogyWorld and DNA World Roundtable sessions, Genealogy Basics: Tools and Strategies for Success, as well as Growing Your Society Track and Professional Genealogist Track sessions. Advance registration is requested for planning purposes.
- Jamboree Mobile App - Available for download in May for Mac, Android, and all web-enabled smartphones. A one-stop resource for schedules, speakers, exhibitors, many syllabus articles, maps. Make friends, access class materials, fill out session surveys, and keep up with all the latest about Jamboree on Facebook and Twitter, all on the Jamboree App!
- Pink/Blue Sheets - The most important tool you will use during the weekend. Legal-sized pink (Jamboree) or blue (Genetic Genealogy) sheets give you the full conference schedule, information on parking, scanning, book signings, food and a map of the Marriott.
- Syllabus - All registered attendees receive a free digital syllabus. Printed copies of are available for purchase at Jamboree while quantities last. Syllabus articles are available on the Jamboree App when authorized by the speaker. Copyright laws apply.
- Volunteer- Jamboree volunteers are a special lot. They have devoted time and effort to bring you the best conference possible. Stop by the Volunteer station to join in the fun! If it weren't for the volunteers, there wouldn't be a Jamboree!
- Seating Policy - Seating is on a first-come, first seated basis. Seats cannot be saved within 3 minutes of the start of a session. Once a session is full to capacity, no one will be allowed to enter (fire marshall rules).
- Be Kind - Jamboree draws 1500+ family historians and genealogists, volunteers, speakers, exhibitors. Everyone associated with Jamboree is trying to have a perfect Jamboree. Treating one another as we would like to be treated will ensure that we all have a great experience.
- Get Social!
- Social Media - Join the fun on Twitter using #SCGS2017 @scgsgenealogy, or post to the Jamboree Facebook page. We love it when attendees post Jamboree selfies! Shout it out to the world and share the news!
- Network, talk to your neighbors, say "hi" as you are walking to the next session. Talk to the speakers - honestly, they don't bite! When you are in the exhibit hall, connect with the exhibitors and vendors - they are more than happy to talk! Don't forget to bring along plenty of business cards for exchanging with everyone.
See you at Jamboree!
Southern California Genealogy Jamboree