There are only 27 days until conferences begin.
All hands are on deck...and WE NEED YOU!
These last few weeks leading up to the Genetic Genealogy Conference and Jamboree 2017 are (a) hectic and (b) extremely crucial.
We need your help!
We have over 500 time-slots that need to be filled over the course of four days, amounting to over 1500 volunteer hours.
Many of our loyal volunteers have already signed up to volunteer. If you have, thank you. If you haven't had the time to check out the online sign-up, don't worry... we've got you covered!
On Saturday, May 13th, members of the SCGS Board of Directors and Jamboree Committee will hit the phones in an attempt to speak with everyone who has registered for Genetic Genealogy 2017 and/or Jamboree.
If you're not home when we call, we'll leave a voicemail message. We won't take up a lot of your time but we will be glad to answer any questions while you have us on the phone.
No matter how long you've been doing genealogy, no matter where you live, no matter whether you're a member of SCGS or not - We need you!
Sign up today for your pick of sessions and times!
Volunteer Bag Stuff Party Saturday, June 3 (at the SCGS Library)
Volunteer Thursday, June 8 (at the Marriott/Conference Location)
Volunteer Friday, June 9
Volunteer Saturday, June 10
Volunteer Sunday, June 11
Volunteer for Research Assistance (Fri/Sat/Sun hours open)
- Room monitors for any session must be registered for Jamboree.
- Room monitors for Genetic Genealogy sessions on Thursday must be paid attendees of the Genetic Genealogy Conference.
- Workshop room monitors are selected from paid attendees only.
- We are counting on your help. If you sign up for a session, please follow through. You can always change your mind and ~un-sign-up~ for that slot ahead of time so someone else can fill the position.
- Room monitors have a guaranteed seat for the sessions signed up for.
- You get to meet a lot of people who share your interest, and you could even meet a cousin.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at one of the largest genealogical conferences in North America.
- If you volunteer for at least four hours, we'll help buy your lunch with a $6 coupon to the Marriott Concession.
- When you make a deposit in the volunteer karma bank, you'll feel good!
To find out more about the available positions, visit the Jamboree website or contact Betty Isbell, Jamboree Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.