21 days, 14 hours and a few seconds until showtime
All hands are on deck...and we need you!
These last few weeks leading up to the Genetic Genealogy Conference and Jamboree 2016 are (a) hectic and (b) crucial.
We need your help!
We have over 500 time-slots that need to be filled over the course of four days, amounting to over 1500 volunteer hours.
Yes, 1500 hours of volunteer time. That's what's needed to make the magic happen at Jamboree - to stuff the registration bags, process registration, monitor the sessions, break down the boxes, set up the easels, tables and signs, collect the meal tickets, and do the many little jobs that add up to a successful conference.
Many of our loyal volunteers have already signed up to volunteer. If you have, thank you. If you haven't had the time to check out the online sign-up, don't worry... we've got you covered!
On Saturday, May 14th, members of the SCGS Board of Directors and Jamboree Committee will hit the phones in an attempt to speak with everyone who has registered for Genetic Genealogy 2016 and/or Jamboree. If you're not home when we call, we'll leave a voicemail message. We won't take up a lot of your time but we will be glad to answer any questions while you have us on the phone.
No matter how long you've been doing genealogy, no matter where you live, no matter whether you're a member of SCGS or not - We need you!
What's in it for you?
- Have a guaranteed seat for your favorite speaker sessions. Room monitors get first pick at a chair.
- You get to meet a lot of people who share your interest, and you could even meet a cousin.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at one of the largest genealogical conferences in North America
- If you volunteer for at least four hours, we'll help buy your lunch with a $5 coupon to the Marriott Concession on the Green.
- When you make a deposit in the volunteer karma bank, you'll feel good.
If you're really eager to participate, you don't have to wait for us to call.
You can sign up today and get your pick of sessions and time slots. Here's how:
- Review the task descriptions and see which job you would like to do. Descriptions can be found on the volunteer page on the Jamboree website.
- Go to the volunteer page on the Jamboree website, and click the sign-up link(s) for the day(s) you are interested in volunteering.
- Register by giving us your name, email, phone number and, if you have one, your text message number. We won't use it unless we have to, promise.
- Check out all of the available slots and click on the "I want to volunteer" button to stake your claim.
We have only a couple of rules:
- Room monitors for any session must be registered for Jamboree. Room monitors for Genetic Genealogy sessions on Thursday must be paid attendees of the Genetic Genealogy Conference. Jamboree room monitors must be paid attendees of Jamboree. Workshop room monitors are selected from paid attendees only.
- We are counting on your help. If you sign up for a session, please follow through. You can always change your mind and ~un-sign-up~ for that slot ahead of time so someone else can fill the position.
To find out more about the available positions, visit the Jamboree website or contact Lise Harding, Jamboree Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Volunteer Thursday, June 2
Volunteer Friday, June 3
Volunteer Saturday, June 4
Volunteer Sunday, June 5
Volunteer for Research Assistance