Who is the Star in Your Family’s History?
Every family has one. They probably weren’t famous, but they stand out for their love of family, their sense of adventure, or their pure cantankerousness. Yes, we’ve all got at least one Star in our family and they deserve to shine. Now, with your help, they can. SCGS is publishing a book, The Stars in Your Family, and we are inviting you to join in this celebration of the brightest branches of your family tree. Did you ever want to be published? Were you longing to share your fascination with one of your favorite ancestors? This is your opportunity to do both.
If you want to sharpen your writing skills with some great tips on how to make your writing more interesting, we’ve got you covered. Join the FREE webinar on Saturday, January 9, 10:00 a.m. Pacific given by Devon Noel Lee entitled Writing about The Stars in Your Family with Ease. 600 words or less? No problem! Devon will lead you through a simplified method to write brief but inviting features about your ancestors. Honor them with words and share the legacy you love with others.
Saturday, January 9, 2021
10:00 AM (PACIFIC TIME)
Instructions for Authors :
All you have to do is submit your story for The Stars in Your Family book. Submissions must be in MS Word and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from February 1, 2021 through March 15, 2021. After the book is edited by SCGS member Kay Adkins, it will be available from Amazon.com by June and announced on the SCGS blog and website.
Write a biography of one of The Stars in Your Family.
- Submitters do not need to be members of the Southern California Genealogical Society or registered to attend either the Genetic Genealogy or the Jamboree conferences.
- Submitters are limited to two entries each.
- The document must be in MS Word.
- The maximum word count is 600 words for each submission. The title should be the subject’s name. If the subject is deceased, be sure to include the subject’s birth and death date.
- A photograph or drawing of the biography’s subject may also be submitted. Be sure to title it with the subject’s name.
- The editor has the right to edit the document for fit and clarity.
- The articles included in the book will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Submission of articles will be to email@example.com.
- Submissions are accepted from February 1, 2021, through March 15, 2021.
Join the fun, keep your ancestor’s memory alive, and become published!