We are just shy of a month away from Jamboree, and this is the time we sound the alarm.
We need your help!
We have over 400 time slots that make up a fraction of the 1300 volunteer hours that are needed.
Yes, you read that correctly. 1300 hours of volunteer time. That's what is required to stuff the registration bags, process registration, monitor the sessions, break down the boxes, set up the easels, tables and signs, collect the meal tickets, and do the dozens of little jobs that add up to a huge effort and a successful conference.
Last year's Volunteer campaign was very successful and resulted in tons of new volunteers who contributed time. We were thrilled that with the response from those who stepped forward to help. From first-time attendees who jumped right in with long-time members of the Jamboree family to local residents and those who came from hundreds of miles away, every volunteer played a crucial role in the success of Jamboree.
No matter how long you've been doing genealogy, no matter where you live, no matter whether you're a member of SCGS or not - We need you!
What's in it for you?
- Have a guaranteed seat for your favorite speaker sessions. Room monitors get first pick at a chair.
- You get to meet a lot of people who share your interest, and you could even meet a cousin.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at one of the largest genealogical conferences in North America
- If you volunteer for at least four hours, we'll help buy your lunch with a $5 coupon to the Marriott Concession on the Green.
- When you make a deposit in the volunteer karma bank, you'll feel good.
If you're really eager to participate, you don't have to wait for us to call. You can sign up today and get your pick of sessions and time slots. Here's how:
- Review the task descriptions and see which job you would like to do. Descriptions can be found on the volunteer page on the Jamboree website.
- Go to the volunteer page on the Jamboree website, and click the sign up link(s) for the day(s) you are interested in volunteering.
- Register by giving us your name, email, phone number and, if you have one, your text message number. We won't use it unless we have to, promise.
- Check out all of the available slots and click on the "I'll be there" button to stake your claim.
We have only a couple of rules:
- Room monitors must be paid attendees. For example, room monitors for the Genetic Genealogy: DNA Day Plus! conference must be registered for Thursday's event.
- We are counting on your help. If you sign up for a session, please follow through. You can always change your mind and ~un-sign-up~ for that slot ahead of time so someone else can fill the position.
How many hours will you contribute toward the success of the Genetic Genealogy: DNA Day Plus! and the 46th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree?
We're counting on you!