Whether you carry an iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Android device, BlackBerry, or Windows device, there is an app just for you. Thanks to our Diamond Sponsor, Ancestry, for underwriting the cost of the app.
Don't have a mobile device? You haven't been left out. Anyone who has any web-enabled device, laptop or desktop computer, can take advantage of the benefits of the Jamboree app.
The app can be found at m.core-apps.com/scgs2015. Mac iOS and Android users can use this link to automatically be directed to the app location on iTunes and GooglePlay. You can also download the app from iTunes and Google Play (search for SCGS2015 or SCGS 2015).
Once you download the app, be sure to create your profile (click on the little gear on the left side of the dashboard and click on MyProfile) and publish it so your friends know that you'll be at Jamboree. Your photo would be really nice, but of course you can enter as little or as much personal information as you want. While you're at it, set up your multi-device sync if you will be using more than one of those iGadgets throughout the weekend.
What can you do with the app?
- Check to see which sessions are scheduled on an hour-by-hour basis.
- Find classes that best fit your level of experience, whether you're a newbie to professional.
- With just a few keystrokes, create your schedule and get reminders of upcoming classes.
- Learn about each speaker's background and find all their presentations.
- Plan your attack of the exhibit hall and make notes on questions you have for each society or vendor.
- Connect with your friends and share your schedule with them.
- Take notes during sessions and provide feedback to the speaker.
- Keep the exhibit hall map at your fingertips, along with the Marriott venue map. You'll never be lost!
- Get up-to-the-minute updates from Jamboree.
- Follow Twitter and Facebook posts without leaving the app.