We Want You! The Southern California Genealogy Jamboree offers many opportunities to participate in one of North America's largest genealogical conferences at little or no cost.
I can hear you asking, "Why would a genealogical society from [insert your location] be interested in having a presence at the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree?" Because in California, "everybody came from someplace else." That's not exactly true, of course, but native Californians proudly announce that they are "Nth generation Californian." You just don't hear that from people from Pennsylvania or Iowa.
What does that mean for you? It means that California genealogists are searching elsewhere for their family. They're looking for answers that your society can provide.
How can your Society participate in Jamboree in person?
- Encourage your members to attend. Your members can return to your society meeting and share the valuable information they get during the informative sessions as well as networking with other attendees. We would be very grateful if you would help promote Jamboree in your announcements, publications and Internet presence (website, blog or other).
- Attend the JamboFREE - Society Leadership Workshop. Strengthen the leadership of your organization by learning techniques and skills. You don't need to be a society leader to attend these sessions. But don't miss this chance to breathe new energy into your society. Read more about it.
- Organize a Group Trip to Jamboree - Have you thought about putting together a bus trip or group activity for your organization's members? We'll work with you to help organize the trip. If your society is at least 100 miles from Burbank, we'll give you one free basic registration for every 10 people in your group. The San Diego Genealogical Society has organized such an event for the past few years. They take the Coastliner train to and from San Diego and they have a great time. If you're interested in putting together a group, contact us at SCGSJamboree@gmail.com and we'll help. Put "Group Tour" in the subject line.
- Staff a free exhibit table for one day. We are offering a one-day exhibit table to genealogical societies, historical societies, and other nonprofit organizations. Speak one-on-one with our ~1700 guests and spread your word. Free. If you're interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll help you out.
How can your Society participate in Jamboree from a distance?
- Donate a one-year membership for a door prize. Your society's name will be listed among our donors and people will learn about you.
- Send your membership application, publication list or other material for FREE distribution. We'll put it on our freebie table for our guests to find. Send them by June 1 to: Jamboree Freebie Table, SCGS, 417 Irving Drive, Burbank, CA 91504.
- Purchase an ad in the syllabus and/or mobile app. A business-card sized ad is just $25. You can purchase an electronic "green" listing on the Jamboree app for just $50. The "green" listing is your contact information, downloadable PDFs such as your membership application, and your logo. If you order both print and digital ads, you'll save $5. You'll reach 1700 people onsite at Jamboree plus others who access the app online.