The San Fernando Mission was founded on September 8, 1797 and was the seventeenth of twenty-one Spanish missions established in Alta California by the Franciscans along the El Camino Real. The mission was secularized in 1834, then returned to the Catholic Church in 1861. Today the mission and grounds function as a museum and include the Mission Church, an exact replica of the original church built between 1804 and 1806.
A docent will accompany us through all three locations on the tour. Information will be provided on how to access archival records held there at that time.
To learn more about The Archival Center at San Fernando Mission, visit the website.
To register for the tour:
SCGS Members Early bird (ends April 30): $40
SCGS Nonmembers Early bird (ends April 30): $45
Includes transportation and admission.